Privacy and Data Protection Policy
- Data protection principles
Zodiac International B.V. is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For any questions regarding your Privacy, the Personal Data we store, or our Data Protection Policy, please contact us through email, by telephone, by post, or through one of our European sales offices which can be found on the Contact Page.
Zodiac International B.V.
3641 RM Mijdrecht
Phone: +31-(0)297 28 86 21
Fax: +31-(0)297 28 82 26
Email: Please use our contact form
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- General provisions
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by Zodiac International B.V. and their European sales offices (see Contact Page for locations)
- Zodiac International B.V. shall take responsibility for the its ongoing compliance with this policy.
- As Zodiac International B.V. has offices in several European countries, there is cross-border cooperation. However, Zodiac International B.V. in Mijdrecht, The Netherlands is our Dutch headquarters, the Dutch Data Protection Authority is the leading supervisor.
- This policy shall be reviewed when changes in the GDPR, or new regulations will require this.
- Lawful, fair and transparent processing
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, Zodiac International B.V. shall maintain a Register of Systems.
- The Register of Systems shall be reviewed at least annually.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to Zodiac International B.V. shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
- Lawful purposes
- All data processed by Zodiac International B.V. must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests.
- Zodiac International B.V. shall note the appropriate lawful basis in the Register of Systems.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, opt-in consent shall be asked when requesting the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in Zodiac International B.V.’s systems.
- If another company processes and stores the personal data for Zodiac International B.V., then Zodiac International B.V. must conclude a processing agreement with that company. This processing agreement must contain the purpose and nature of the processing and what type of personal data is processed.
Furthermore, there must be agreed that:
- Processing takes place exclusively on the basis of your written instructions. No personal data may therefore be used for other purposes;
- Persons employed by or working for the processor have a duty of confidentiality;
- The processor takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the processing of personal data;
- The processor may not have the processing carried out by another person without your written consent;
- The processor helps to comply with requests from data subjects when it comes to their privacy rights. Such as the right of access, correction, oblivion and data portability;
- The processor helps to fulfill other obligations, such as reporting data leaks;
- The processor removes the data or returns it at the end of the processing services. He also removes copies, unless the processor is required by law to keep the data;
- The processor cooperates with audits. For this purpose, the processor makes all relevant information available so that it can be checked whether he / she adheres to the aforementioned obligations as a processor.
- Data minimisation
- Zodiac International B.V. shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Zodiac International B.V. shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
- Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
- Zodiac International B.V. shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, Zodiac International B.V. shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (DPA).
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Zodiac International B.V. has placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to work.
We also use some non-essential cookies like Google Analytics cookies to collect information for making reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies this website uses, including those of Google Analytics, collect information in an anonymous form.